Tuesday 22 January 2013

Simple Chest Routine

The following is a chest routine I've been following for a while, and have noticed great size and strength improvements with. It is based off of bodybuilder Aziz Shavershian's chest routine (with some changes I've implemented into my training), focusing primarily on upper chest development.
  • 4 sets of Incline Dumbbell Press, 8-10 reps
  • 4 sets of Flat Barbell Bench Press, 6-8 reps
  • 3 sets of Incline Flies, 8-10 reps
  • 3 sets of Cable Crossovers, 10-12 reps
  • 5 sets of Chest Dips until failure
Form is key (as with all exercises) for this routine to work to its fullest potential. I have re-started my bench press weights from scratch and re-taught myself how to bench properly as I have been hit with an overuse injury on my rotator cuffs from improper benching (this is extremely common these days, it seems). The new, strict form has my chest feeling more activated than ever when training it, and my supporting muscles have much less strain (deltoids, triceps).


The following video has been my source for information for these new chest development techniques:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBAWisOx_Fw


- Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment